About Christine - Whole Dog Trainer and Wellness Coach
Professional Dog Trainer | Small Animal Acupressure | Small Animal Massage Canine Nutrition Specialist | Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
About Balancing my Philosophy
I believe in continued education as dog training has many variations, styles, techniques, tools, and therapies. I take what I have learned and apply it to my philosophy of balancing the whole dog, mentally, physically, and emotionally. I have fine-tuned my craft with effective, motivational methods, that are easy to follow for both the dog and their people, to learn and understand. My focus is to assist families to find solutions for their training needs that are effective and dog friendly.
Thank you for visiting my website. Please take your time and enjoy the information that only my experience can provide for you and your dog.
Let me start by sharing a story. My dog Strider, who has crossed over to the rainbow bridge, was a top competitor dog earning five champion titles before the age of three.
Strider was viciously attacked by another dog while at a competition, which altered his behavior and ended his show career. I had to seek a solution for his “kill or be killed” dog aggression attitude. Like many others, I began my search to hire a trainer but had little success. I took him to a “premier” facility that is known for working with aggression issues and here shaped my beliefs and philosophy in training.
What Shaped my Philosophy in Training
The methods they taught were based upon intimidation, harsh corrections, and submission. My beautiful dog flipped the bell up, then peed on himself as the trainer instructed me to continue with correction after correction for compliance. I thought to myself, “I can’t do this”, “this is not training”! So that is the end of that.
From here, I sought out a new path and attended many classes/schools to learn how to heal emotional, mental, and physical imbalances by working through the energy of the dog. Obedience such as sits and downs does not always resolve emotional issues.
Therefore, I developed effective methods without intimidation that worked for me and my training programs. Hence, my mission: Building a Brighter Tomorrow for Today’s Pets, one in which I have had great success.
Over time, Strider became the ambassador of my training program, a kind, loving, and gentle leader as you will see him in many of my videos, working with puppies, helping timid and fearful dogs with socialization skills, as he worked side by side showing them the ropes. Hard to believe that he was a dog aggressive!
His story ended well and along the way, he became a great teacher for me and was instrumental in my training to help dogs and their humans.
- Tom Rose School of Dog Training
- Leerburg Kennel On Line Courses
- Canine Training Essentials- Force Free Method Dog Training
- Instructor American Red Cross – Pet First Aid CPR; 2005,
- Bridge and Target -SAT Kasey Cover 2007,
- Education is on going through local seminars, on line programs and summits.
- AKC Evaluator-Canine Good Citizen -2006
- Small Animal Acupressure- Tall Grass Animal Institute 2008
- Small Animal Massage- Blue Sky School Massage 2007,
- Certified Bach Flower Remedies- Nelson 2010,
- Certified Enzyme specialist Enzimedica 2012.
- Certified Chemistry in Essential Oils -Center of Aromatherapy Research and Education (2009)
- Certified Pet Food Nutrition – DN University 2017,
- Certified Carnivore Nutrition- American Council Animal Naturopathy 2017,
- Certified Small Animal Food Therapy- Tall Grass Institute 2017
- Forks over Knifes Culinary School for Humans 2017
- Shaw Academy Nutrition 2019
- Attended conferences /Seminars/ Training Raw Round up Conference2017- 2018-2019
- Medicinal Herbs 4 day summit 2016
- Food Therapy 4 day Conference 2017
- Truth about Cancer 4 day Summit 2017
- Truth about Pet Cancer 2 day 2018
- Raw Foods 101- 2020
- Small Animal Institute Food Energetic Course 2021
- Consulted top pet toy manufacture in the natural dog instincts for a new line of interactive dog toys.
- Created pet weight reduction manual and how to treadmill train manual for Pet Zen Dog Treads
- Guest speaker at Fruitful Yield in six locations throughout the Chicago land area on how to improve dogs wellness through fresh feeding.
- Fund Raiser Pets of the Homeless Program 2020 Donation of three Pet Micro Pantries to Kane County.