About: Dogs 4 Life Training and Wellness
About Christine - Whole Dog Trainer and Wellness Coach
Professional Dog Trainer | Small Animal Acupressure | Small Animal Massage Canine Nutrition Specialist | Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
About My Story
My love for animals began as a child and was cultivated into my life’s passion.
The turning point was my dog Strider, who has crossed over to the rainbow bridge. He was a top competitor, earning five obedience and tracking champion titles before the age of three. His career ended after he was attacked during a competition, which altered his behavior.
Strider became dangerous and dog-aggressive, and I had to find a solution. Based on recommendations, I scheduled my first appointment with a “premier” facility known for working with aggression issues. This experience shaped my beliefs and philosophy in training.
What Shaped my Philosophy
The methods used were based on intimidation, harsh corrections, and submission. My beautiful dog flipped belly up and then peed on himself as the trainer instructed me to continue with correction after correction for compliance. I thought to myself, “I can’t do this.” My dog was not disobedient. He was fearful. “This is not training!” So, that was the end of that.
I sought out a new path and attended many classes/schools to learn how to heal emotional and mental traumas. Obedience such as sits and downs do not, in itself, resolve emotional issues, but it does add to the stability of the dog.
With what I learned, I was able to develop effective methods of training without intimidation. I applied these to my training programs, one in which I have had great success. Strider became the ambassador of my training program, a kind, loving, and gentle leader. As you will see him in many of my videos, he works with puppies, helps timid and fearful dogs build confidence, and with socialization skills. He also works side-by-side showing them the ropes.
About his story, it ended well, and along the way, he became a great teacher for me and was instrumental in my training to help dogs and their humans.
Balancing my Philosophy
As a professional dog trainer, I cannot stress enough the importance of continued education in our field. It is essential to stay up-to-date on the latest techniques, tools, and therapies that can help us better serve our animal companions.
About my approach to dog training centers on finding a balance and well-being of each individual dog. I have created programs that are easy to follow for dogs and their owners.
Ultimately my goal is to provide effective, dog-friendly solutions that help families live happily alongside their beloved pets.
Thank you for visiting my website, where you can find valuable information based on my experience.
- Tom Rose School of Dog Training
- Leerburg Kennel On Line Courses
- Canine Training Essentials- Force Free Method Dog Training
- Instructor American Red Cross – Pet First Aid CPR;
- Bridge and Target -SAT Kasey Cover
- Continued Education is on going through local seminars, on line programs and summits.
- AKC Evaluator-Canine Good Citizen –
- Small Animal Acupressure- Tall Grass Animal Institute
- Small Animal Massage- Blue Sky School Massage
- Certified Bach Flower Remedies- Nelson
- Certified Enzyme specialist Enzimedica
- Certified Chemistry in Essential Oils -Center of Aromatherapy Research and Education
- Pet CPR First Aid Instructor
- Certified Pet Food Nutrition – DN University
- Certified Carnivore Nutrition- American Council Animal Naturopathy
- Certified Small Animal Food Therapy- Tall Grass Institute
- Attended conferences /Seminars/ Training Raw Round up Conference 2017- 2018-2019
- Medicinal Herbs 4 day summit
- Food Therapy 4 day Conference
- Truth about Cancer 4 day Summit
- Truth about Pet Cancer 2 day
- Raw Foods 101-
- Small Animal Institute Food Energetic Course
- Consulted top pet toy manufacture in the natural dog instincts for a new line of interactive dog toys.
- Created pet weight reduction manual and how to treadmill train manual for Pet Zen Dog Treads
- Guest speaker at Fruitful Yield in six locations throughout the Chicago land area on how to improve dogs wellness through fresh feeding.
- Fund Raiser Pets of the Homeless Program 2020 Donation of three Pet Micro Pantries to DuPage County.